Video Scripting and Production
- I wrote scripts and edited pre-release trailers for a video game produced by a global software company. To ensure credibility with the audience, I wrote the trailer scripts to use entirely in-game footage. I worked with game developers and creative staff to ensure the dialog and messages were true to the game character speaking. I then used the latest game builds to scout in-game locations, created new techniques for virtual camera control, captured the footage, and edited the videos.
- Based on the trailer work, I was asked to do an edit pass on the in-game dialog for character voice, and assisted in voiceover recording sessions for that dialog.
- I was the scriptwriter on the team producing a set of executive introduction videos for a global software company product launch. I worked with the team to brainstorm concepts, and then produced finished scripts incorporating the requested concepts, the specific "voice" of each executive, and the visual language of the product being launched.
Online and Social Media Messaging
- I created online messaging for four programs in the customer training department of a global software company. I wrote new content based on marketing schedules, and then adapted each program's content for up to six different audiences. I also maintained an editorial schedule to meet biweekly and monthly submission dates to each of the different audience channels. Overall, I produced over 75 discrete entries and articles over a six month period.
- I developed concepts for humorous Facebook entries for a mobile software system page, using the interface of the product itself to tell stories. I then worked with a design firm to produce the final pieces.
- Based on the success of these entries, the client then asked me to create concepts and copy for a series of humorous internal posters highlighting specific features of the product as an encouragement for staff to evangelize the product externally.
Website Content Design and Creation
- For a recruiting website for a global software company, I advocated switching the planned visuals from live models to cartoon characters, giving greater update flexibility and attractiveness to the core audience. I then developed full bios for each character based on department demographics and culture. I also wrote and edited website content for voice and humor.
- At the client's request, I developed the storyline for an ongoing webcomic about website characters, and wrote the scripts for the entire run of the series.
- I developed the content for the website of a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of a global emergency services/healthcare company. I wrote copy and page flow that thematically and visually aligned with the global website, while still addressing the unique services and customer needs of the U.S. subsidiary.
- As a Program Manager with Microsoft's Mastering Series, I led teams producing award winning multi-media training titles. I wrote and maintained specs and schedules, and managed inhouse and freelance technical experts, writers, artists, and testers.
- For each of the projects listed above, I provided my clients with a full draft/review schedule, incorporating usually at least three drafts (first, revised, final), and setting a specific schedule for review of each draft based on client/SME availability. When requested, I also handled communications and scheduling with any external resources.
Writer, Producer, Director
Click on Fun Stuff to see some of the projects I do in my spare time. I like to keep busy.